Thursday, November 01, 2012

Halloween Adventures!

Halloween, between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, a day where kids go dressed up as characters and go house to house asking people for candy...What's not to love?
This year I handed out candy at a friends house, and usually when people hand out candy they say "Take two" or "Happy Halloween!!" Or some (rarely) say "trick." And close the door.
But not me, when I handed out candy to the kids I said "Merry Christmas!!" The first time I said it was out of habit, every time I give someone something I say "Merry Christmas!" I didn't realize I said it, til after I said it...The kid got a kick out of it though, and so did my friend! Soon my friend and her mom were telling me what to tell the kids, Happy Birthday, Happy Valentines Day, Happy Veterans Day (true story).
And as if it wasn't weird enough...I had a heart painted on my head...

Kids: "Trick or treat!!"
Me: "Happy Birthday!!" *Gives candy*
Kid: "Thanks!-Wait, what?!"
Me: "It's your birthday!! Congratulations!!"

The looks on their faces were priceless.

Those kids will probably remember me forever...Well, maybe not, but they probably told their parents about it! ;)


Merry Christmas!! (Happy Halloween!)

~Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment