Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Adventure Of Moving

Last year in June, I moved from one state, one I've lived in for my whole life, to another state....Fourteen hours away.
I'm starting this story on a Friday, a dark and cold night, I just got out of my youth group, which ended at 10:30, this will be my last time, I put down all my souvenirs and gifts from my friends in the grass, as soon as they hit the ground I was being bombarded by hugs, I didn't know if I'd ever see these people again, after all, we were moving, the next day, soon, after all the hugs and good-byes, by mom came to pick me up, and take me home, for the last time, I'm trying to stop the tears from coming down my cheeks, there's a big lump in my throat...But wait, my mom's phone rings, it's my friend's mom, she invited us to go to Stake'N'Shake with them, we had a grand time, we got some shakes, ate spicy peppers, and yelled "LIGHTING!!!" when ever lighting would strike. It was 12:30am when we got home, I went downstairs to go to the computer, my friend had wrote her email on my hand, and I wanted to email her, but the computers, were gone, packed up. I brush my teeth and go to bed exhausted from all the fun and bittersweet moments that happened that day.

All of a sudden, I am waken up by the sound of boxes being stacked and tape being ripped, "What's going on? It's only 8:30...Why am I up?"
I hear a strange whisper, "Is anyone in here?" a worker asked my brother, he said "yes, my sister is sleeping." well...At least I think he said it...I could've been dreaming...
I got up, got dressed in the bathroom, and started packing. Soon we were putting stickers on furniture, packing boxes with shoes, getting ready for the long drive ahead of us.

The ride was long, but it wasn't too bad, most of the ride I slept, and read, we stopped occasionally to let my dog out and go to the bathroom, and to fill up on gas, but eventually, and midnight, we arrived, at our new house? No, not yet, we're spending the night at our friend's house.
The next day we got up, my mom, one of my brothers and I, went back in the cramped van full of a bunch of...Stuff...My dad, and my other two brothers drove separately.
Soon we stop at a coffee shop, there's internet there, my mom is in there for about two hours...
And at last, we're in the city I'll be living in, and we arrive at our house, my dad and my brothers are already there, I look around, go into my room, not as big as I suspected it to be, but, it'll work. :)
We only have one rocking chair, a couch, and an air mattress for furniture, I slept on the couch cushion, it was a very tiring day...

Life with few entertainment systems and very few furniture is pretty fun! We would sit on the floor and watch movies on my brother's Xbox.

Overall, it was a bittersweet, fun adventure.

~Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment