Saturday, December 22, 2012

A beautiful week..

Blog

This past week I have been on vacation and in 2 days I shall be home (on Christmas Eve....) I was on a cruise and it was wonderful. I woke up the first morning to the view of overlooking the ocean... I saw my "roommates" were still asleep so I slipped on my shoes and stepped onto the balcony. I leaned on the railing finding myself caught in a little bit a Gods creation that absolutely took my breath away. As the beauty bubbled up through me I laughed. I held my hand out and let it cut the wind. The sun warmed what the wind was cooling of the skin on my hand, as I looked my skin glowed from sunlight. As the days blurred together and I had gotten to know our maids, waiters and others on the ship I realized how fast time was escaping me until I finally found myself saying goodbye to all those I knew on the ship. As we lined up on the gangway to get off the ship I stood at the line between land and sea, I took a step onto the gangway because I couldn't stand still any longer, the people behind me were anxious to get off and my mother prompted me to keep moving. As I walked a sob escaped me, no tears, no crying, just one single sob. I looked back at all the memories I made there. I kept walking and soon the USA embraced me back into its safe haven, I realized how much I missed America.

No comments:

Post a Comment