Friday, October 26, 2012

To Give a Dog a Bath..

I've never had a dog... nor has anyone in my family, so recently as a volunteer at a local nursing home taking the dogs that live there for a serene walk has always been my favorite ending to a day of volunteering. Today as I finished up and was grabbing the leashes for the walk I noticed a slight stench in the air.. (yuck!) so I decided they needed a bath, which went pretty well considering... only problem was.. they refused to shake off excess water... until they were right next to an unsuspecting elderly lady. *sigh* As I sat and watched this dog rid itself of water a thought occured... isnt that what we should be doing? Not literally, of course, but think of such a thing... Jesus Christ has cleansed us of our sins... shouldnt we, as Christians, "Shake off" sin?! shouldnt it be something that utterly disgusts us that we must rid of it as soon as we can? As I shared this thought with my dear brother he only laughed at me as he didnt understand how I could think of such a thing... but it all made sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment