Friday, September 21, 2012

"For I know the plans I have for you" Declares the Lord...

This is a story about my best friend, her name is Olivia.
Olivia is amazing at sports, she liked all kinds, especially, softball. She was the captain of her team a few times, and they won state twice, Olivia LOVED softball.
Olivia had a minor condition, if she ran too hard her heart would skip beats, she would sit down, and then play again, no big deal. Well, one time, Olivia was running while playing softball and she had her little condition, but this was way, way, worse, I wasn't there, but I heard about it.
She went to the doctor, she had P.O.T.S, a rare blood pressure and heart rate disease.
Because of P.O.T.S Olivia could not play softball, or any other sport.
A whole year later, Olivia got well enough so she could play softball again, her team gave her an opportunity to play again, but God had other plans!
This is the email she sent her team.

Hey everyone,

This is Olivia on my mom's email. As you know I spent the last year sad
because I could not play softball because of my blood pressure problem.
Then you guys gave me a great opportunity to play again (I thank you all
for that). But I went to the DO HARD THINGS REBELUTION Conference, and
God told me very clearly I need to stop softball because I need to spend
more time on Him instead of softball (softball was like an idol to me
and in the Ten Commandments the 1st commandment says, "Do not put any
other idols before me"). I really wish I could play softball, it is just
I think God is more important, and I think it is very important to
follow His word. I will miss you all and I hope we can get together
another way. Please reply with your thoughts.

Olivia # 6

Olivia's favorite verse is:
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you." Declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you hope, and a future."

I hope this story helps you to trust God, and that He has a plan for everything.

~Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment