Thursday, September 13, 2012

Grasping a bit of summer as it slips away...

This summer I had my mom buy me some Parsley and Chive plants. As fall rolled in and I could smell the end of summer I condensed my plants and placed them right outside my window so I have something wonderful to wake up to in the morning! Tonight the weatherman stated that it was supposed to freeze in the middle of the night so I had to pull in all my plants from outside and place them on my windowsill... noticing that my plants were a little "full" for the sill I had to cut them back. I gathered my chive plants in a rubber band (like a ponytail! ;) ) and cut off the tips and left them gathered in the "ponytail" I trimmed off 1 of my 3 parsley plants leaving only about an inch "stub" (lets just say I was in the mood for parsley :D) and then.... all my plants looked pretty organized! I hope to keep my plants for the winter so next summer I can still have fresh herbs.... will it work? I have no idea, most likely not, but one doesn't mind trying! ~Nilly

No comments:

Post a Comment