Thursday, September 06, 2012

Wanted: a sense of wonder

Tonight I was bored, and I looked at my scraps of pink paper measuring approximately half an inch by two inches and wondered what I could do with them. I folded each of them to form a pinwheel petal and placed them all together on one "flower" with an eyelet. I couldn't figure our how to attaché it to my toothpick and make a pinwheel so I held the "flower" in my hand, and was studying the "pockets" that would catch air and make it spin so well if only I could attach it. Out of sheer exasperation I simply blew it out of my hand in a frustrated "that was a waste of my time" sort of way and watched it "helecopter" to the ground.. It was such fun to watch it spin and slowly fall and nest on the fresh mountain of clean clothes I should've put away hours ago that I simply had to do it again. And again. So today as you deal with frustrations and wasted time.. Blow on them, it may be simply wonderful what happens.  I hope you find wonder in your frustrations!.... Or maybe not :) ~Nilly

No comments:

Post a Comment